Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Living Forever

Calm blue ocean...calm blue ocean...calm blue ocean...

I just finished my last election blog and then pushed back from my desk.

I sat here, tilted my head, took a deep breath and realized how lucky I am to have something like this blog area to archive my life.

These thoughts will out-live us. By blogging, we are sharing ourselves with generations to come. Boy, that is powerful.

As I age, I think about what is to come...maybe I will start losing my ability to think, like my cousin who has Alzheimer's. Maybe I will pass on suddenly. In any case, someday I won't be here to tell people that I love them or to help show them the way through tough times.

But my blog will keep me alive with my sister, brother, niece, nephews, and friends.

I think about how cool it would be for my niece's kids or nephew's kids to be able to know me, even when I am gone. Blogging will be the connection between my life and theirs.

Blogging will let me tell them how lucky I have been...how happy I have been...how sad I have been. It will let me share my life with them.

So thank God for this opportunity. It is a priceless time capsule and I can't think of a better gift for me, for you, and for the future. We can live forever...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home